Thursday, March 11, 2010

My Turtle, who is about to turn 6:

I don't know if I have been the best father. But you have been the best turtle, the best sunrise, the best mermaid, the best pearl. Last night you told me you wanted to be an author, and I went in my room and cried. Partly because you are old enough to know what an author is. Partly because my dreams are becoming yours. But mostly because you had something to say, and you wanted to say it to me. I love you more than when you were a turtle. I love you more than when you were a sunrise. I love you more than when you were a mermaid. I love you more than when you were a pearl. I love you almost as much as I will tomorrow.

2 comments:

marcie b said...

You write beautifully and it makes my heart smile how much you love that little girl. You asked the people of the world to let you know we are listening. We are.

Telle said...

she is so beautiful. she's so blessed to have you as her daddy.